What Is Dry Mix Mortar?
A dry mix mortar is a term for readily mixed raw materials in dry form which may also have additives and polymers added for specific usage in construction. Dry mix products provide excellent technical properties to meet the stringent performance requirements which are common in the current construction scenario. Dry-mixed mortar or dry mortar is made of cement, sand, mineral and functional additives, mixing together proportionally. It is often in powder or granule form pre-mixed in special factory and transported to construction site. After stirring with adequate amount of water, it can be used directly. There are usually two kinds of dry mortars- normal type and purposed type-Normal type includes masonry mortar, plastering mortar and ground mortar, Special purposed ones like tile adhesive, interface dry powder, insulating mortar, self-leveling, water-proof mortar, repair mortar, wall putty and tile grout…
The modern Dry Mix Mortar are produced in a special factory with dedicated facilities on batching & blending of all the necessary ingredients in highly-controlled process. In this way, different types of Dry Mix Mortar products with well-defined properties & performance to meet specific requirement and application can be produced. Today the Dry Mix Mortar is conquering the market by replacing the traditional job site mixing mortar because of its various advantages.
Comparing with traditional made-on- site mortar, it has many advantages like stable quality, complete kinds, high work efficiency, good work performance and easy to operate…
- Drymix mortar can be transported simple container, stirred automatically, pumped and applied by machine, thus making work efficiency to 500-600%.
- Stirring and applying by machine also ensures mortar can be processed and used correctly, avoiding water added too less or much, or other potential mistakes during formulation or inexperienced workers. It can make quality stable and durability longer.
- Drymix mortar helps the improvement of industrial structure, modernizes the construction industry, reduces cement waste and project cost.
- Drymix mortar as a thermal insulation and environmental friendly material, can contribute to energy saving and emission reduction, which should be promoted on large scale.
- Testing of products for all technical parameters and creating awareness about the technical attributes to users for choosing the right product
- Proper quantification of materials and reduction in wastage
- Hassle free and ease of application and usages
- Good water resistance property
- Better flexibility
- Very good compressive flexural and tensile strength than ASTM standard values
- Easy to mix and apply
- Better finish and surface appearance
- Almost nil wastage of the material at site
- Minimum space required for the storage
- Inventory cost saving
- Minimum supervision required
- Plastering – internal / external
- Thin joint mortars
- Floor screeds
- Repair mortar
- Waterproofing mortar
- Cement grouts
- Tile adhesives
- Tile joint fillers
- Waterproofing products
- Crack fillers and repair materials
- Sand based internal plaster
- Brick jointing mortar
- Floor screeds
- Bonding mortar
- Wall putty
- Gypsum based internal plaster
One key factor that has been driving demand is the ability of these products to save on labor costs. With the use of specialized application equipment, substantial improvement in workmen efficiency and output has been reported due to the use of these products. For countries like India suffering from a crunch in construction labor, adoption of this technology could be the answer. Ease of application is another important factor that works in favor of dry mix mortar products. This is one more factor that is especially important in countries like India, where a majority of the construction workers are unskilled, with very low levels of education.